The Garrison Community is now recognized as a North Dakota Cardiac Ready Community.
Garrison-Max Ambulance District was started in 1969 as a nonprofit ambulance service. It is a Basic Life Support (BLS) service with Advanced Life Support (ALS) capabilities. Its base station is in Garrison, ND, with a substation in Max, ND. Our service district covers 1900 square miles, including Fort Stevenson State Park, Camp of the Cross, Ryder, Max, Douglas, Benedict, and a section of Lake Sakakawea and Lake Audubon.